NHP (Natural Head Position)
3D Natural Head Position (NHP) Reproduction
Natural Head Position : A relaxed head position with the eyes focused on the distant horizon.
- Natural head positioning is important to improve the results of surgery such as orthognathic surgery.
- The 3D CT model does not represent the NHP, because a head of patient is randomly placed in a CT coordinate system during a CT scanning.
- The purpose of the NHP is to rotate the 3D CT skull model to the NHP position.
3D NHP Reproduction Using a Single Facial Photograph Based on the POSIT Method
A system that repreduces the NHP with 2D pictures of commercial cameras and ceramic balls without expensive equipment has been developed.
- The point of this system is to convert points of 2D photograph to points of 3D model using POSIT algorithm.
- Journal : Three-dimensional natural head position reproduction using a single facial photograph based on the POSIT method